Pro Musicis Award Winners are artists already engaged in a public career who demonstrate the following skills and qualities to a Jury chaired by Ms. Claire Désert, Pianist and Professor at the Conservatoire National Supérieur de Musique:
To apply please click below
- The artists must prove:
An international technical level combined with the highest musical sense capable of adapting to any style of the classical music repertoire.
- A capacity to communicate easily with the public, particularly the disabled children or elderly persons.
- A strong willingness to share their talent with the underprivileged persons in the so-called « concerts de Partage ». The finals include an interview by the Jury on the candidate’s capacities to communicate, introduce his/her instrument or a musical piece to the children, etc.
- How to apply: please fill the application form and send public recordings of recent performances, see page 3. After reviewing the application files and listening to the recordings the Jury will select finalists for auditions in Paris.
- Who can apply: eligible candidates for the 2017 competition are artists having already a public performances experience in the following disciplines:
- Piano solo
- Duos: violin-piano; viola-piano; violoncello-piano; oboe-piano; clarinet-piano.
- Trios: piano-violin-violoncello
- Age limit: max. 35 on Dec 31st, 2017.
- When to apply: Now. Applications and recordings should be received at the Pro Musicis France Head Office before Postmark Deadline June 15. The selected applicants for the auditions will be advised by e-mail at the latest by September 15.
- When and where are the finals: Auditions will take place October 26, 2017 in Paris, at the Conservatoire à Rayonnement Régional, 14 rue de Madrid, 75008 Paris, France
- Which Musical Programme for the semi-final and final auditions: the selected soloist or ensemble should propose to the Jury a musical programme of 6 different pieces or movements of about 40 minutes length in total, according to three different styles of composition.
- What is the « Sharing Capacity Test »? After the musical auditions, if selected for the finals, the competitors should demonstrate to the Jury their ability to communicate with the public of a community sharing concert i.e. introducing their instrument or the piece they just played, or any pedagogic means related to the musical program and the public of underprivileged children.
- How many Award winners? The Pro Musicis Jury may choose more than one recipient. Some years, there may be 3 or 4 Winners. Other years, none.
- What is the Award: Pro Musicis France offers fully funded recitals in major concert halls in Paris and possibly in French provinces, together with community service. For each public concert or recital, the Pro Musicis Award Winner must offer two community sharing performances with the same or adapted musical program.
- Each soloist, or chamber group winning the Award will receive a 1,000 euros compensation for travel and accommodation expenses, to be allocated between the group members (e.g. 50% for each of a Duet members, 100% for a piano soloist, etc.. – suggested sharing keys)
To Apply: Submit a completed Application and a € 50 non-refundable Application fee payable to Pro Musicis France. (See Bank data in the Application form) Please click below